Thursday, July 2, 2015

July update

     So I quit my job today...sorta, kinda. I gave my 2 week notice and things are moving along now. That was an ordeal in an of itself. I always get nervous talking about serious things with my boss. I guess that's normal. My hands were shaking for 20 minutes after because I was so nervous. I know it had to be done but I feel like I'm letting him down by leaving. This has been the only career I've known since leaving college and it's kind of special to me. In a way I don't want it to end because it's safe and easy (mostly). But now it's done and I can start the process of closing this chapter of my life and begin writing the next.
     I feel like I've been at this process for a year. In a way I have. Ever since returning from Ukraine last August, I've been searching for ways to go back. English teacher, MTW, vacation. The process since then has been slow as I work through the totally foreign concept of missions preparation. But now things are progressing at what feels like a break-neck pace that it'll be hard to acclimate until my feet are on the ground in Kiev. Then I'll have a whole new set of challenges. Until then, I'm planning, packing and preparing. God-willing, I'll be flying out the last weekend in July.
     As of Monday this week, I have the support I need raised and I can order my ticket to get to Ukraine. Keep an eye out here. I'll continue updating this blog for the next 6-7 months. Hopefully by then we'll have an interesting record to look back over. 

I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment