Saturday, July 21, 2018

Before the Deluge

Dark hot chocolate from Aroma Kava
     For those of you in the back row of the class, that title is what I like to call foreshadowing. But there was plenty of before/during/after deluges, drizzles, and "mushroom rains" today. The forecast was calling for rain off and on all day and we got it. On our sightseeing day too. That's OK. It certainly didn't dampen our spirits.
      I'm going to keep this post short on the talky-talk. Running on a cumulative 5 hours of sleep from last night so I want to be done with this soon. Today was the pre-camp sightseeing day with some of the Ukrainian staff. We walked in a very circuitous route from Arsenalna metro station to Teatralna between roughly 12PM and 6PM. I got to see a few things I managed to miss during my previous visits. We ate a lot of good food (including the real-deal Chicken Kiev). We finished the day off with a full(ish) team meeting at the church office and dinner at Puzata Hatta.

     And an update on Phil. He missed a flight and was temporarily stranded in Stockholm. Fortunately he bought his way onto a flight for 4:30AM Sunday. We'll meet up with him after church. His situation isn't the deluge. The coming week at camp is.
     That's about all I've got. I'll leave you with a bunch of pictures for the road.
A bit to big to add to my work welding kit.

The Mariinsky Park fountain
Mariinsky Palace





The real-deal Chicken Kiev at a restaurant called Chicken Kiev.
Aijalon is famous!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures! I'm glad that you got to go to some different places and see new things. So cool to see Aijalon's picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics! Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do I get royalties for that or something...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to take it up with the camp staff. :)

      Delete