Thursday, November 26, 2015

Turkey Day!

     Happy Thanksgiving! I just wanted to give a little update of what my day will be like. I'll give a better writeup about it later. Consider this a teaser.
     First off, as I'm writing this, my dad is flying across the pond to France and then on to Kiev. He'll be in town for a few days The plan is to do some sightseeing Friday and Saturday. Sunday we'll be at church in the morning and then he gets to see what English Club is like in the evening. Then we get to wake up at some unnatural hour on Monday morning to get him to the airport on time. Fortunately I don't have anything planned for Monday except English in the evening. I can sleep as much as I need before that.
     Second, I saw this article today in the Kiev Post. I already know where I'm celebrating Thanksgiving but it's interesting to see that they have an article about it. After my dad gets here, we'll be heading over to the Eide's house to join the crowd there. They have a group over every year for dinner and fellowship.
     Yesterday, I helped Jon dig out all the parts of the big dinner table. Every year he builds the table for everyone to sit at during dinner. I didn't get to help him build it because I left before it was finished. But I can show what it looks like as we take it apart tonight.
     Also, a little update on what's happening in the country. You may not have heard, with the war in Syria going on, but Crimea has fallen under a blackout. A group of people blew up the electric transmission lines going to the peninsula. That is starting to raise tensions again. The situation in the east is deteriorating again too. The rebels are acting up again and have killed several soldiers over the past few days. So please continue to keep the country in your prayers.
     Alright, I've got to keep moving. I've got cleaning and shopping to do before getting on a bus out to the airport to meet my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment