Monday, November 30, 2015

A Case of the Mondays (Updated 12/1/15)

     I'm finally back in my apartment. It was a long ride from the airport. But my dad is now winging his way back to the US.  Gonna try and get a few more hours of sleep.
      For now, enjoy these pics of the snow.

 
     I guess I should update this a little. I wrote that title because I wasn't feeling well. The past few days with my dad were great but somewhere along the way, I caught a cold. I slept on the couch and that, combined with getting up early on Monday morning, made for a rough Monday day-time. Hence, the title. I'm mostly better now. Just need to get rid of the extra mucus that's taken up residency in my sinuses.
     On the upside, my dad is now back, safe in the US. It was awesome seeing him again. We had a lot of fun seeing Kiev together and I hope he can come back again. It's also snowing again. Most of the white, fluffy stuff from Sunday has melted and we're now getting a new batch. There was some yesterday but it wasn't worth calling snow. It was more like a few rebellious little water drops in the crowd decided to prove how cold they really were. What were getting now fluctuates between powdery snow and sleet. It'll be a messy afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. "It was more like a few rebellious little water drops in the crowd decided to prove how cold they really were. " I think you should do syndicated comics....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sounds like Calvin & Hobbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great time visiting with my son Brian. I got through the Amsterdam airport with no trouble. Thanks Brian, April, and Marina for all the work you did to make it a rewarding time. Also many thanks to all my friends and family both here and in Ukraine for all your prayers. God blessed my time there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Friday Brian and I went to the airplane museum in Kiev and had a great time. We saw loads of planes that were Russian or Ukrainian built. I think about 70 or so. Saturday we went to the WWII museum. It's called "The Museum of the Great Patriotic War". Built by the Soviets, it gives a good chronology of the Ukraine and Soviet war effort after they joined the Allies. We walked through the park that commemorates the great famine that Joseph Stalin forced on the people of Ukraine. Some 20 million citizens died because he took all their food. The statue in the middle of the park is of a very thin girl holding a few sprigs of wheat standing on a mill stone. On our 5 mile walk we went through Maidan Square where the student protests helped oust the Putin puppet president. We saw a few very large churches along the way and ended the day with a long Metro ride. Sunday we braved some very cold rain walking to the Metro on our way to church. Even though the service was in a different language (I had some translation) it was wonderful to worship with God's people. I sat in on the English club Sunday evening at the church office. It seems that many are hungry to learn our language. Well that's it for now. I am home and rested and back to work. Thanks again to Brian and all his friends for the fun time. Bill (Brian's Dad.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your view from your apartment is amazing! I feel so low to the ground in my house after looking at those pictures haha

    ReplyDelete