Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Quick Update

     I just wanted to update the readers on some of what's going on here in Krakow. I hit a snag with the visa stuff. Without getting too far into the weedy details, some papers weren't exactly correct. The consulate said I need to get the correct papers to them tomorrow (the 21st) for attempt number two. The 21st is also the day I was planning on being on a bus back to Kiev. They said if they get everything they need, they will issue the visa. I've got a team working on this with me and I'm confident they will do their best. So here's the request for all my readers. Please pray that the embassy receives the papers they need in time for them to issue the visa and that they accept those. I've been praying that it all gets worked out smoothly but I can't expect a cake-walk. I'm hoping this is the extent of the trouble.
     Other than the snag this morning and the bus ride, the trip has been fun. I want to come back here again, probable with someone, to enjoy the city more. It'll be good to be here without having to worry about visa stuff. Then I can focus on the truly amazing sights. I did get out again to walk around in the cold, dreary weather. Here are a few of the good photos I got.



     One other thing I wanted to share was my page views. When I started this blog, I never expected to reach such a wide-ranging audience. I was expecting just people from the US. I should have expected it to contain a sizable number from Ukraine too. But that list has expanded to 10 countries and nearly 2100 views.  This is the list I see when I check the page stats and audience list.
EntryPageviews
United States
1638
Ukraine
378
Germany
26
France
9
Romania
6
United Kingdom
5
Poland
2
Brazil
1
Chile
1
Ireland
1
I mean, I'm not even certain I know people in most of these countries. However, it's great and I thank you all for reading. I am encouraged that my writing is reaching so many people around the world. I hope it's encouraging and enlightening for you. Technology is an amazing thing. We can communicate almost instantly with people around the world, sending ideas and questions and pictures to places that would have taken months to reach only a century ago. It's great to be able to use that tool for ministry and spreading the Gospel.
      OK, that's all I have for now. I'll talk to you later with some (hopefully) good news.

1 comment:

  1. I was here when Max needed to print out a page to sign for you and get back for the Visa! It was good to see him but made me miss others like you too! Hoping it all went well! How long was the bus ride?

    ReplyDelete