Friday, April 15, 2016

One (Hundred)

     In honor of the one-hundredth post, here is the third in my series of what I cook. This recipe got rave reviews from my mom. She called it "probably the best omelet I've ever had." Thus I'm pretty confident that my title in the video is absolutely correct.
      The ingredients are simple. Two eggs, a pinch of salt, oregano, and garlic powder, with your choice of meat and cheese. Cook in the typical fashion with some sunflower oil to prevent sticking. Serve with toast and enjoy.

     Yeah, I know that the centennial post should be a little more interesting than that. But as it is, this post comes on the heels of a fairly standard week. I can say that the coming days however will be seeing things change. Starting with tonight. David is hosting, at his house, a cookout on the rainiest day of the spring so far. It's planned as a time for us to gather with the people who've been invited to the sushi dinners in the past. All of them responded in one way or another and we want to continue the followup with them in a meaningful way. This summer, Jon Eide and I will be meeting with them to keep up the interaction.
     Also, next week will see the return of the Bible study. due to some difficulties last time with the material, we'll be trying a new approach for this new session. Max, in the Smart Club after English, has been teaching a series on Christian relationships between men and women. I'll be trying to do something similar but with a look at what the Bible specifically says about it. It'll require extra effort on my part to prepare because there are no good study guides available to me right now. Fortunately, I have the whole Bible and the Internet at my disposal.
     For general interest, the city is looking a lot more green this time of year. Over the past week, the trees, bushes and grass have started to look more like their summer selves. I can see less and less of the ground from my high perch in the apartment building. The leaves are sprouting again. The grass is growing. The smells of summer are back too. Street vendors with food, plants, flowers, and everything else I've missed.
     Last week, I stated doing some exercises before bed. That's helped a lot with my sleep schedule. Mixed with my alarm going off at 8AM and going to bed before midnight, I'm sleeping a lot better now.
     That's about all for now. In a hour, I've got to go get ready to brave the rain on the way to David's house. And I need to choose how I'll get there. Wait for the single elusive marshrutka or take the metro and then the more common taxibus. Hopefully the rain will stop by then and I won't get wet. We've got two new bocce ball sets to break in.

2 comments: