Wednesday, April 20, 2016

It's Still Rock and Roll to Me

     I said in the last post that I'd write about Saturday. This is that post. Not much to write about it though. KCA is one of the schools in Kiev that serves the missionary community. They students put on a talent show and fundraiser on Saturday. The fundraiser was in support of their upcoming junior/senior trip this weekend.
     So I got to sit and watch some fun acts. One in particular stands out. Nathan Crane and David's son Josiah played an excellent rendition of Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin. I got a video of it and it made it into Nathan's latest vlog. I knew they were playing something for the show but wasn't expecting that choice. I've got to say, it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Apologies in advance for the audio. I didn't have my good microphone with me.
     After the talent show, a group of students from KCA led a worship service. It felt more like a concert, though, due to not knowing any of the songs. The students played well. Nathan reprised his role on drums and Josiah switched to bass guitar.
     I left the service early because I had plans for a game night later that evening. The service was scheduled until about 9PM but I left at 7:30. I went back to my apartment building to play Bananagrams with the McLanes. I've got to step up my game. My winning streak is slipping a bit after that night. Almost all of Saturday afternoon was busy for me. I didn't actually make it back to my apartment until around 11PM.
     And really quickly, Sunday and Monday English were mostly normal. I did a few interviews with the students on Monday for David's video. The material I have to use is quickly building up. It'll soon be time to start editing it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment