Sunday, July 16, 2017

Takin' Care of Business (pt 2)

     That's right folks. I'M BACK! The Brian and Ukraine blog is officially back in business. The crew here (that is, just me) is all ready to bring you more exciting content from Brian's travels to the land of vyshyvanka and dill-in-everything. I should explain.
    After a long hiatus, I am going back to Ukraine. Specifically, I'm leading a team back for the summer English camp X-Way. I and the team will be teaching English to college students for a week in a manner similar to what we've done in the past (2014, 2015, and 2016). This time though, instead of helping out at Liberty camp, we're lending our expertise (in our native language) to X-Way.
      Both camps are put on by members of Big City Church. However, the staff are different groups. During the thirteen months I spent in Ukraine, I was on the Liberty team. This time though, I'm switching alliances....I mean, umm, seeing how the other side does things. Yeah, that's it. You get the idea.
     In truth, there was a little mix up in the dates of the camps. We were planning to be at the Liberty camp but the dates didn't mesh with what we were told. Short answer to a complicated situation. Long story short, we're going to X-Way. But that's OK. We're going and it's going to be awesome.
     Covenant OPC (my church) is partnering with Emanuel Presbyterian Church in Delaware to send a team this year. Four people from each church are going to be flying out this Friday (July the 21st) for ten days of teaching, laughing, learning, exploring and walking all over the city of Kiev.
     This post if more of a heads-up to anyone out there who may still be following this blog as to what will be following over the next two weeks or so. I'm planning to write a little about each day that we're in-country. We'll see how that actually goes. It's not easy cataloguing the activities of each day of English camp. But I'll try.
     So what's been happening since I got back? Yeah, I really should have kept up with this. But life took over. Specifically, working a new job (where I've been for six months now), taking up mountain biking, moving to an apartment of my own, and generally just being American. That was my main goal when I came back last year. So far (and I'm being completely modest here), I'd say I'm doing a pretty good job.
     For those of you still reading, thanks for hanging around. I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment